Pahvelorn / Original
Lama Karna, Level 6 Cleric
Currently located in Zorfath
||INT: 13 (+3)
|DEX: 14 (+1)
|Death Ray or Poison
||HP: HD 6 (14 HP)
- Haxeth, Level 3 Fighter, Former gladiator
- STR 9, INT 15, WIS 10, DEX 11, CON 12, CHA 9
- Saves: 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
- HD: 2
- Attack Rank 3: THAC9 - 5
- 2000 XP
- Plate Armor, Spear, Bolas, 5 Torches, Backpack, Waterskin, 2 Week Iron Rations, Cloak from Pahvelorn Castle
- She has been brought back from the dead. It cost her a CON. Who knows what she has seen on the other side.
- Torklan the Bald, Level 4 Fighter
- STR 17, INT 14, WIS 10, DEX 7, CON 14, CHA 14
- Saves: 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
- HD: 4
- Attack Rank 3: THAC9 - 5
- 8,000 XP
- Plate Mail, Two-Handed Sword, Light Crossbow, Case With 30 Quarrels, Cloak from Pahvelorn Castle
- Torklan brought back from the dead after being killed on the air ship.
- Drona’s Servant (Level 0 Servant in Zorfath)
- STR 10, INT 14, WIS 7, DEX 16, CON 9, CHA 11
- Pack Ape (in Zorfath)
- 2 Week Iron Rations
- Plate Armor
- Cloak from Pahvelorn Castle
- War Hammer
- Sling and 10 Stones
- 10’ Pole
- Wooden Cross
- Small Sack
- Talisman of Trolmun.
- Foot long bronze nails.
- 2979 GP
|Undead ||Roll ||Undead ||Roll
|Skeleton (1/2) ||D ||Wraith (4) ||T
|Zombie (1) ||D ||Mummy (5) ||T
|Ghoul (2) ||D ||Spectre (6) ||7
|Wight (3) ||D ||Vampire (7+) ||9
- Fear (10,000 GP) - 100%
- Commune with Dead (20,000 GP) - 100%
- Brendan’s page about Pahvelorn
- Illustration of Karna by Gustie from Dungeon of Signs.
- Previous sessions recorded on the character sheets of Satyavati and Drona.
- Petitions Magic in Pahvelorn
- Pahvelorn Session #22: [G+] [Gustie]
- Drona is dead!
- Karna, a young cleric of Ilum Zugot, joins the Order of Gavin in their return to the barrows. The party returns to the room the party almost died within, to loot the remaining furs and skulls. They then venture into the natural caves and begin exploring. They discover a second exit to the barrow, and another way down to the 3rd level. Traveling on they encounter a possibly undead noble. The party returns to Ilum Zugot with their loot.
- Gains: +2103 GP, hot damn.
- Spending: 1500 GP on spell research (Fear), and 10 GP training Shalya ratling, 5 GP upkeep, 1 GP pay for Shalya. (+3167 XP)
- Failed Save vs. Magic for Magical Research.
- Research result: “Your research in the Priest-King’s sutra library has revealed that to make more progress in your supplication, you must seek out the tomb of Nisket-Kah, an ancient warrior queen whose helm is said to be ornamented with writing that will unlock the power that you seek. Creatures of darkness were said to cower in awe of the power of light as manifested in her conquests. Your research has also uncovered a map leading to the north, on the edge of the great desert. Strangely, the map is inscribed with runes for ‘beacon’ in addition to ‘way-finding’.”
- Pahvelorn Session #23: [G+] [Gustie]
- The party witnesses the execution of an evil sorcerer and his minions. They then head back to the lower barrows. Another delve filled with more violence than usual. The party stops the summoning of a demon, presumably, and returns to the town with much loot.
- Gains: 1185 GP
- Spending: 1500 GP on spell research (Fear), 5 GP upkeep, 1 GP pay for Shalya. (+3156 XP)
- Failed Save vs. Magic for Magical Research, again.
- Pahvelorn Session #24: [G+] [Gus]
- Once more into the barrows, the party retraces their last steps through lower levels. Exploring the level below the ‘punishment room’, the party discovers a crypt full of bodies. There is a small alter dedicated to some snake god, where giant flies steal Beni’s hat and Darulin’s magic sword. After some misadventures everything is recovered, with extra loot to boot. While exploring natural caverns Shalya, Ratling Porter, is killed by a falling boulder. Tragedy.
- Gains: 13,835 GP: holy shit.
- Spending: 9145 GP on spell research (6000 GP Fear, 3145 GP on Commune with Dead), 5 GP upkeep, 1800 GP to train Ginny Bo (+21,010 XP)
- Pahvelorn Session #25: [G+] [Gus]
- The party takes a break from dungeoneering to clear a road! On the way they come across a group of giants attacking a farm house. There is some killing, but they manage to subdue the last of the giants Margosk. An agreement is made between the players and the giant. Each player carves a bell in their arm, to commemorate the occasion. After making sure the farmstead is safe and secure, the party continues their journey. Making camp in the ruins of a guard tower over looking a small river, the party encounters …
- Pahvelorn Session #26: [G+] [Gus]
- … bandits! They attack the party, but are quickly overwhelmed. (+900 XP for the fight.) They interrogate the group, and learn they serve a fellow that worships the evil purple worms of the under dark. The party makes captives of the lot of them. The next day they continue their trek towards Gosmermorul. The party arrives at the fantastic city at night. They party with their captives. The following day they meet up with the leader of the city, a teenager, and discuss their plans for building a road between Ilum Zugot and Gosmermorul. It is agreed that some sort of arrangement will be made, though specifics aren’t decided on. The following day the party ventures out to inspect a boat stuck in a tree, that one of their captives mentioned to them. As they make their way they, they discover the town leader–the Hegemon–has followed them! He is bored and wants to join the party.
- Spells: Cure Light Wounds x 2; Bless, Hold Person; Continual Light; Sticks to Snakes.
- Gains: +342 GP
- Spending: 50 GP on the inn; 5 GP on upkeep.
- Pahvelorn Session #27: [G+] [Gus]
- The party investigates the boat in a tree. It’s 100’ feet, and probably just as high up. Beni climbs a rope to take a look, and is swarmed by 4 spiders. The party makes short work of them, thanks to some Sticks to Snakes. While deciding what to do next, and cautious investigation, a mother-fucking wyvern flies down and attacks. Luckily, the demon knife that the party has been hanging on to for weeks is put to good use, destroying the beast in one hit. The party climbs up to investigate the ship. Tarvice uses Speak with Animals to negotiate with the spiders, asking them to leave us alone. They had no love for the Wyvern living in their boat, so they oblige. Inside the boat is treasure and evil statues the clerics quickly destroy. Sadly, Darulin goes insane upon looking at their visage. The boat explored and a wyvern killed, the party heads back to town.
- The next day the party decides to harass the cultists. The bandit they turned leads them to their hide out. After some ultraviolence the party heads back to town with a knocked out cultist, leaving behind dead cultists and bandits. They mark the bodies and trees with the symbol of the snake cult, to confuse these cultists.
- Gains: +796GP
- Spending: 5 GP on upkeep, 50 GP on inn;
- Pahvelorn Session #28: [Gus]
- A raid on the cultists goes awry, with the party ambushing a watch tower only to be ambushed themselves by returning bandits. Many magical weapons are used to aid in the destruction of evil cultists, and the party survives another day with only one casualty: a woodsmen was eaten by a giant worm. The party plans to attack the cultists compound itself. …
- Pahvelorn Session #29: [G+] [Gus]
- The party decides to take out the cultists, once and for all. After a short rest to catch their breath, the party storms the temple. Eriara summons a phantasmal force to scare the remaining cultists. Breaching their defenses Darulin uses the magical crossbow to destroy the last remaining guards in front of the cultist’s temple. The party then ventures up the step pyramid and into the temple via an alternate entrance. Much adventure is had within, including the capture of the presumed leader of the cult. …
- Pahvelorn Session #30: [G+] [Gus]
- The party enter a room where a worm like creature is being constructed. There is some ultraviolence. There are demons. It was emotional. Back in town, the party are accosted by people looking for Satyavati! They are from his home town, hoping to recruit the Order of Gavin to retrieve a magical item. The party aren’t too keen on helping the necromancer, just yet, so Beni just steals the map to the location. Sneaky.
- Gains: ++1800 XP from killing monsters, +3800 GP
- Pahvelorn Session #31: [G+] [Gus]
- There is much negotiation with the priest king, and construction of the road is arranged. The party heads South towards their former home town Zorfath. Along the way the party encounter some creepy flying demons. Once they arrive at Zorfath they learn the town has been taken over by the Griffon King and the Snake Cult. The party sells their Black Demon armor. Eriara learns she’s been charmed by a purple worm since destroying the ziggurat. She is now its willing familiar. Asking the sage for information about the Wyvern eggs and their other junk. The party ventures off to find mushrooms for the sage. In doing so they also find a dragon: which they kill!
- Gains: +4238 GP
- Spending: 250 GP on road project, 25 GP on Pack Ape, 10 GP on retainers.
- Pahvelorn Session #32: [G+] [Gus]
- On vacation.
- The Dragon we killed has angry family, and Ilum Zugot pays the price for our killing its kin.
- Pahvelorn Session #33: [G+] [Gus]
- The party discover a giant bonfire, some fire demons, that dragon they are trying to kill, and a wizard working on something nefarious. Ignoring the wizard for the time being, the party venture towards Ilum Zugot, only to encounter a pitched battle between its soldiers and a giant mob of bandits. The party makes quick work of the bandits, and captures their leader. Beni parleys with the man for some time, but Karna ultimately offers the man his freedom (rather than the traditional Ilum Zugot punishment of death) if he joins the Party of Gavin. He tells the party he is in the employ of the wizard they saw. The party returns to the where they saw the wizard and kills the shit out of everything.
- Gains: +1720 GP
- Spending: 9417 GP on spell research (9417 GP on Commune with Dead), +250 GP on road project, +10 GP on retainer. (+20049 XP)
- Pahvelorn Session #34: [G+] [Gus]
- The party parleys with the Dragon. They aren’t interested in controlling him and would have him go on his way, but he can’t allow Eriara to die lest he die as well, and is thus invested in her safety. He follows the party back to Ilum Zugot. After a long evening of spell research, Karna has a vivid dream that the demons are over-running the world, and is convinced that the party must intervene. He convinces the Priest King to change his position in regards to the demon invasion. The party then heads South to Zorfath. They talk to the Griffon King and their friendly Wizard friend, before venturing once more into Pahvelorn. The party doesn’t make it past the first room. First shadow creatures take a level from Karna, and then a group of soldiers of some sort attack the party. Ginny Bo and Fitzwalter are killed during the skrimish. The party flees to Zorfath.
- Gains: +389
- Spending: +10 GP on retainers, **+250 GP on road project, +5GP on upkeep.
- Pahvelorn Session #35: [Gus]
- The party passes a strange floating rock, in some weird anti-gravity field on their way to the location of the ancient weapon. Along the path there are numerous grave markers from a long since gone militant order. They come across a giant tree marked with runes warning to “let the sleeping ones remain sleeping”, a lean-to resting against it. Inside the party finds the pack of an adventurer, Audrey Belden, an adventurer from 50 years past. They confirm her name from a diary in the campsite. Continuing on to the site of the weapon, the party finds the body of who must be Audrey Belden outside the tower, frozen, missing her shoes. Entering the tower, the party does some exploration of its upper works. A book on the main floor contains a long list of names, the last of which is is Audrey Belden!
- Pahvelorn Session #36: [Gus]
- The party ventures back into the creepy tower dungeon. It continues to creep them the fuck out.
- Pahvelorn Session #37:
- The party venture off to Trolum. On the way they encounter a group of strange crab like monsters, which they attack and defeat. The party moves on to Trollum, where they finally speak with Necromancer King after first speaking with his aid. They learn they are in search of a flute, and that a cleric is needed to descend into the depths of the tower, which he calls the Tower of Queen Orcus. Returning to this evil tower, the party decides to investigate the whistling sound they heard. A shaft covered by a grate leads down some 50’. The party traverses down to find the source of the sound: a person playing a flute, chained in a small cell. Beni yanks on the chains holding the fellow, the flute falls from his mouth. And then it all turns to shit. Escaping back up the shaft, flute in hand, the party hear the groans of undeath all around them, as skeletal hands reach up through the graveyard they find themselves in.
- Pahvelorn Session #38: [G+]
- The escape! It was epic.
- Gains: +2500XP from spending on a Wizard’s tower and +1738 GP.
- Pahvelorn Session #39:
- Back to Pahvelorn. Through the Lower Eastern gate once more.
- Pahvelorn Session #40: [G+]session-40
- Hexeth is slain. Karna’s loses his Demon Black Mace, which he loved. The party killed two wizards, so that’s good.
- Gains: +2055 GP
- Spending: +1000 GP on reviving Hexeth, and +4000 GP on training Hexeth in fighting, +4000 GP on spell research.
- Pahvelorn Session #41:
- The party meets a giant pig, Fustion. The party suspects it might be one of the bigs they left behind to feed the ants. He claims to be a god who rules over the ant.
- Gains: +460 GP
- Spending: +100 GP on crown for Fustion.
- Pahvelorn Session #42
- Gains: +2500 GP
- Spending: 2500 GP researching commune with the dead. (+5250 XP)
- Pahvelorn Session #43
- Gains: +10000 GP from selling the platinum disk.
- Spending: 938 GP on researching commune with the dead (+1876 XP), 4000 GP on training Hexeth (+4000 XP).
- Pahvelorn Session #44
- The mutations from our fight with Kalia have activated. Karna’s mutation is an exoskeleton made of bone, that covers his bone. The party travel up to the floating sky castle with Lortherian the Astromancer. They encounter another ship that has crashed into the castle. Near it they fight a giant plant that almost eats Ariara’s retainer “cool guy”. Moving on they venture into the castle, exploring its towers and courtyards. Finally they encounter the wizard Almetrabe. Karna sends him on a quest to harvest blue goop from a giant’s arm they encountered.
- Gains: +2,977 GP from various loot.
- Spending: TODO
- Pahvelorn Session #45
- The party are ambushed by bird men and wyvern on their way up to the floating castle. They appear to be led by a wizard and elemental. Torklan is struck dead by a death spell! Son of a bitch. I loved that guy. The wizard is apparently Ostherna the Dark, an evil necromancer.
- Spending: 4000 GP raising Torklan back from the dead.
- Pahvelorn Session #46
- Pahvelorn Session #46
- The party takes the magical underground river that leads to the floating castle.
- Spending: 4000 GP to raise Torklan from the dead.