Drona, Level 3 Fighter
Currently located in Zorfath
|STR: 14 (+5% XP)
|Death Ray or Poison
||XP: 5322 / 8000
- Gillim, Level 1 Fighter, 150 XP
- STR: 16, INT: 14, WIS: 11, DEX: 12, CON: 9, CHA: 13
- HD: 1+1, AC: 3
- Equipment: Spear, Plate Mail, Backpack, Waterskin, Lantern, 4 Flasks oil, 1 Week Iron Rations, 50’ rope, 10’ pole, 12 iron spikes, 3 stakes & mallet
- Slender man of indeterminate age with an exotic looking spear and leather armor. Seems inordinately competent given his personal circumstances.
- Elf Sabre
- Plate Armor
- Shield (Pahvelorn Shield Save Rules)
- Dagger x 3
- 1 Centipede Anti-Toxin
- 1 Black Widow Anti-Toxin
- His former master’s Demon’s Playing Cards (from demons killed in the ruined church of Zorfath)
- 385 GP, 70 SP
At the Gavin House, in the care of Drona for the Magic-Users:
- On Essence, attributed to Caleia
- Arcana Metaphysica, anonymous
- The Organ of the Inner Moon, attributed to Sezius Elfblood
- Illusio, anonymous
- Realms Seen and Unseen
- Conjurations & Banishments (fragments)
- Alchemy Lab Supplies
- Small White Jade Frog Which Radiates Summoning Magic
- Black Cauldron with Red Paste, presumably demonic in nature
- Unknown official looking slips of paper from the demon’s gambling table
- Sutra to the Lizard King
- Drawing of 7-Pointed Star
- Brendan’s page about Pahvelorn
- Illustration of Drona by Gustie from Dungeon of Signs.
- Previous sessions recorded on Satyavati’s character sheet
- Drona is 59 years old (from a random roll)
- Pahvelorn Session #17: [G+]
- Drona is deeply saddened to learn his fool hardy master Satyavati was killed in the pursuit of treasure.
- Now it is his turn to venture into the depths of Pahvelorn and avenge man he raised from childhood! What will we learn of Drona’s dark and mysterious past? Where did he learn to fight? How did he end up a simple servant?
- Gains: +250 GP selling magic-user’s cape, +300 GP from Ogam (more or less for selling Satyavati’s scrolls)
- Spending: 500 GP contributed to the funeral of Satyavati, that he may be buried in an ostentatious and lavish ceremony befitting a man of his stature and taste. (+525XP)
- Pahvelorn Session #18: [G+] [Gustie]
- The party meet with Lortherian, who wants the party to investigate the wizard tower of Calcidius. He hopes to find a fancy magical spy glass located within the tower. Much investigation is done, with traps avoided and loot secured. The party also meets Calcidius, who is trapped in a circle and seems agitated. Feeling they have done their due diligence with respect to exploring the tower, the party heads back to Zorfath.
- Gains: +1794 GP in loot.
- Spending: 50 GP on Plate Mail, 5 GP in pay and 100 GP in training for Sander; 1360 GP on a giant party for Satyavati (double XP from carousing, with a successful save vs. poison to avoid the ill effects). (+3019 XP.)
- Pahvelorn Session #19: [G+] [Gustie]
- The party meanders through Pahvelorn, intent on revenging Satyavati. They detour en route to harass Al Menevar, Lord of the Dead, an overly confident necromancer they like to harass for reasons beyond them. Al Menevar ends up admitting his fealty to Orcus and the party decides he must be killed before he can summon the demon lord. As before, there is a lot of skeleton destruction. Beni is almost killed by super-skeletons, which might be karma for some less than lawful good behaviour thus far in the adventure. The party leaves 4 super-skeletons and a creepy summoning circle along, deciding to get back to their revenging.
- They re-enter the ziggurat with the grey ooze, but attempts to dispatch it are for naught. Deciding they need more gear to destroy this thing, they move on. The party investigates the next two tombs: Adaggin the Dark is to the West, and Zaoratec’s Rest to the East. Entering Adaggin the Dark’s tomb, they make their way around, discovering frescos and destroying enchanted statues. At the far end of the tomb they discover a person in the midst of a sorcerous ritual!
- TO BE CONTINUED!
- Pahvelorn Session #20: [G+] [Gustie]
- The party battles a crazed undead wizard in an attempt to save what appear to be ragged group of villagers. Unfortunately, the ‘villagers’ are in fact undead as well. A fight ensues and the party is victorious. Examining the room the party learns everything within it is fake: the books, lectern, everything. The party destroys everything and makes their way to leave, when a group of ceramic ants wanders into the Southern room, blocking their exit. Trapped, the party must push open the doors the ants attempt to close and jump the pit trap they had previously avoided. Ogam and Sander are dead, now rotting at the bottom of a pit! The party defeats the robot ants and explores the remainder of the Ziggurat, before returning to Pahvelorn.
- Gains: 275 GP in loot.
- Spending: 100 GP training two new retainers, 100 GP on Plate Mail for both, 45 GP on equipment for my retainer; 100 GP donation to the orphanage in Zorfath in honour of Sanders. Some of that will pay for a little plaque with his name and the date of Sanders death / donation. One of the ratainers is trained for the magic-user Eraria (+362 XP)
- Pahvelorn Session #20: [G+]
- The party ventures off to Ilum Zugot. On the way they meet some Pegasus, one of whom has had his wings clipped. They manage to capture and keep them for a night. The injured one agrees to stay with the party, while the others fly off.
- The party arrives in Ilum Zugot, and takes up a commission to cleanse some barrows. They investigate a strange barrow carved into a cliff face. They find the tomb of St. Retlu, an important clecic.
- Gains: 355.75 GP
- Spending: 500 GP on Beni’s Elf Sabre, 5 GP for retainer, 5 GP for upkeep, 100 GP on training Gillim, 20 GP on Retcon’d servant in charge of our houses. (+655 XP)
- Pahvelorn Session #21: [G+]
- The party returns to the barrow, which looks to have been fortified since their last visit. Tarvis and Darulin foolishly step into a snare trap, and the party are ambushed in the entry way. They make quick work of the savages that attack them, and charm their leader. The party makes their way into the barrow, led by the charmed man. Entering the second level, the party is ambushed once more. They make short work of the fellows and continue South. Beyond that path leads to a room full of more savages. A sleep spell gets rid of most of the group, and Fitzwalter gets rid of their leader. Drona and Gillum run the rest of the sleeping fellows through. Beyond the final door is a short corridor leading into a small room. At a desk sits a demon, similar to tangle. He shoots the party with a crazy magical crossbow.
- The story continues with Karna